What you actually do
Want to develop yourself in the area of creative engineering for physical products? Go on, convince us of your skills and maybe you will be the next Mechanical/Product Design Intern of the most innovative design agency in the Netherlands!
You're someone who dares to show us your passion and work mentality. A conceptual and technically strong individual who can work from a broad perspective. You possess vast technical know-how and are handy beyond belief. An example of the tasks we have in store for you: technical ideation and puzzling, document layout and presentation, CAD modelling, model making and prototyping.
What we’re looking for
To qualify for an internship position at VanBerlo you have to be registered as a student in the EU or UK. You are preferably working on a degree in the area of Industrial, Product or Mechanical Design. You want to intern at a company where you have the opportunity to grow and refine your skills.
- Desire to learn and work at the forefront of innovation, where you are encouraged to be creative
- Willingness to support all levels of design and engineering staff
- Positive attitude with an emphasis on self-motivation and quality of work
- A portfolio that shows breadth, attention to detail, examples, innovation and process skills
- Ability to communicate your ideas and solutions clearly, both verbally and visually
- Skilled in visualising technical concepts and schematic overviews with Adobe CS/CC (Illustrator)
- Good 3D CAD modelling skills in SolidWorks/Creo are a plus
- Super handy in (technical) model making
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical or Product Design
- Highly proficient in basic ID tools
- Clear when it comes to communicating your concepts and ideas in Dutch or English
We’ve got lots to offer
- The opportunity to work for a wide range of international clients
- An inspiring work environment with 80+ enthusiastic colleagues
- Attractive employment conditions
- Being an intern at VanBerlo will boost your career potential and personal development!
So, do we have your attention? Applications for Spring - Summer 2018 have now closed, but applications for Autumn - Winter 2019 (or later) are now open. VanBerlo only takes on trainees in the form of “experience traineeships". Please note that space is limited for traineeships with dedicated projects, or for those of you looking to work on a final thesis project.
Like to apply?
Would you like to apply for the internship position at VanBerlo? To get your application processed please fill out the form below. We accept applications written in Dutch and English. We see your portfolio as your business card. Let it show your strength in visual design. Next to that, make sure it shows as much of the process as possible; how you work through your projects, and an explanation about what your contribution was. In addition to showing daring final design, it is just as important that you show how you got there through the sketches that you made.