What you actually do
If you want to develop yourself in the area of interaction design for physical products or user interfaces, convince us of your skills and maybe you will be the next interaction design intern of the largest design agency in The Netherlands!
Each semester, VanBerlo looks for an enthusiastic Interaction Design student who wants to gain experience in a variety of user interface projects. At VanBerlo user interface projects are almost always tied in with physical products. For example, embedded interfaces and mobile apps that are connected to physical products.
Applications for Spring - Summer 2017 (January-June or later) are now open. VanBerlo only takes on trainees in the form of “experience traineeships". We do not take on trainees with their own projects, or those looking to work on a final thesis project.
What we’re looking for
To qualify for an internship position at VanBerlo you have to be registered as a student. You are preferably following a degree in the area of Interaction Design, Digital Communication or Product Design with a specialization in Interaction Design / Design for Interaction.
Additionally, you have to qualify for a selection for these criteria:
- You are skilled in visualizing concepts and ideas with Adobe CS/CC
- You have a good sense for design and styling
- You think in workflows and you can construct an interface in wireframes
- You can prototype interactive services, software and physical products
- For you the end-user is most important and you are familiar with design research methods
- You are good at communicating your concepts and ideas in Dutch or English
- You have an affinity for product design
We’ve got lots to offer
- Challenging projects at the forefront of innovation
- The opportunity to work for a wide range of international clients
- An inspiring work environment with 80+ enthusiastic colleagues
Being an intern at VanBerlo will boost your career and your personal development!
Like to apply?
Would you like to apply for the Interaction Design internship at VanBerlo? To get your application processed please fill out the form below. We accept applications written in Dutch and English. We see your portfolio as your business card. Let it show your strength in visual design. Next to that, make sure it shows as much of the process as possible; how you work through your projects, and an explanation about what your contribution was. In addition to showing daring final design, it is just as important that you show how you got there through the sketches, wireframes and workflows that you made.
You can get in touch with our executive secretary Nicole Wouters at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any burning questions regarding this position.