What you actually do
To support our knowledge and network about a specific industry, your task will be to map the key players, ranging from small-medium-large companies and our competitors within this industry. This includes details on their annual turnover, company size and key portfolio. Based on this information you are challenged to find out portfolio gaps and growth opportunities for our clients.
You are expected to build a business proposition for our services to this specific industry and compute expected revenue for your end presentation, accompanied by current and future trend analysis for this market.
We provide the opportunity for this internship to be turned into a graduate internship if you are interested to graduate at VanBerlo! In case of a graduation project, the assignment could be extended by building a relevant product or UX concept that fits in the defined market gap and a strategic plan of a misuse prevention app. In case you are interested in a graduate position, further details of your assignment are up for discussion in a later phase of your application process.
What we’re looking for
To qualify for an internship position at VanBerlo you have to be registered as a student in the EU or UK. You are preferably following a degree in the area of Design, Digital Communication or Product Design with a specialization/interest in Strategic Design / Design Management.
Additionally, you have to meet these selection criteria:
- You are keen on learning and working in the forefront of innovation where you are encouraged to be creative
- You have skills in appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches
- Willingness to support at all levels
- You are able to get an overview of a project and contribute to the strategic approach
- You can make the intangible concepts of strategy more tangible with concrete conclusions
- You are skilled in visualising concepts and ideas with Adobe CS/CC
- You have a good sense for design and value creation
- You are good at communicating your concepts and ideas in Dutch or English
- Preferably you are aware of possibilities with AR/VR and/or willing to learn
- Preferably you are capable in prototyping electronics with Arduino;
We’ve got lots to offer
VanBerlo is a leading agency in the area of strategy, design and implementation. We work with a diverse wealth of clients from small startups to large international clients and our products, services, experiences and brand communication have been creating the difference for our clients for over 36 years.
We've got lots to offer
- Challenging projects in the forefront of innovation
- The opportunity to work for a wide range of international and domestic clients
- An inspiring work environment with 90+ enthusiastic colleagues
Being an intern at VanBerlo will boost your career and your personal development! So do we have your attention or are you feeling tentative? Either way, you can hear from some of our previous interns on their experiences by watching this informative video here:
Like to apply?
Like to apply?
Would you like to apply for the Strategic Design internship at VanBerlo? To get your application processed please fill out the form below. We accept applications written in Dutch and English. We see your portfolio as your business card, so we recommend you include the following:
- Evidence of your strength in strategic and visual design
- Clear representation of your process and how you work through your projects
- A commentary that explains what your contribution was
- We would also like to see your development so sketches and workflows would be appreciated!